A Better Financial Education, Inc. is required to disclose the following information to all debtor students prior to paying for this course:
- Debtor students are asked to contribute a course fee of $19 for Individual Debtors and $35 for Joint Debtors.
- Upon registration, the debtor student must provide their bankruptcy case number including the Federal Judicial District in which the case was filed.
- The course is provided to debtor students without regard to the student's ability to pay the stated fee. Although, A Better Financial Education, Inc.'s per case charge for the Smart Money Sense Debtor Education Course is $19 for Individual Debtors and $35 for Joint Debtors, A Better Financial Education, Inc. waives the student fees and provides the educational services for free based on any of the following criteria:
- Fees waived or reduced for the Credit Counseling course and Certificate of Completion required prior to filing bankruptcy.
- Pro Bono Attorney representation.
- All Volunteer Legal Service Agencies provide Smart Money Sense free of charge.
- Debtor's claim of disability, visual/hearing impairment or illness.
- Debtor's inability to pay based on new, unexpected events or circumstances.